Tuesday, February 03, 2009

MP Hopeful Launches Darwen Soul & Salsa Night

The prospective MP for Rossendale and Darwen Jake Berry brought a bit of latino to the area after he launched a new Darwen Soul and Salsa social dance network on Saturday.

Jake Berry attended the event at Hollins Grove Conservative Club in Darwen to promote the new network, which is run by Eileen Connell.

Anyone can pop along and they do not have to bring a partner with them. The classes were launched not only as a way to get fit and healthy, but also for people across the area to get to know each other.

Mr Berry said: "Dancing is a great way of keeping fit and meeting new people. Eileen has done a fantastic job founding this new group. I hope that it goes from strength to strength and helps to bring people together. You never know, I may have a go at it myself!"

"Anyone interested in trying something different should definitely come along and try it out. I'm currently having dance lessons with my fiancé Charlotte for our wedding at the end of the month, but I might get her to come with me to salsa if we fancy a change- although I think she will be better at it!," he added

No comments:

Post a Comment


Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory   My Zimbio