Thursday, May 21, 2009

UltimateHandyman.co.uk. A popular DIY forum

Popular online forum ultimatehandyman.co.uk has been providing millions of visitors with valuable free information on DIY hints and tips. Maybe you've used the website yourself, but did you know it was run by a Darwener?

The site, which was started as a hobby, has been voted website of the month by magazine WebUser and now boasts over 500 static pages and regularly receives over 50,000 page views per day.

Here is what owner, Chez Rossi, had to say to Darwen Online:

"Ultimatehandyman.co.uk was started in December 2004, I remember waking up one morning and just decided to make a DIY website. I had always had a keen interest in DIY and have previously renovated a couple of properties."

"One of the major obstacles of house renovating was unreliable tradesmen and on several occasions I had been let down by tradesmen that did not even show up or have the decency to call to say that they were not coming."

"The tradesmen that did turn up, often were unreliable or expensive and sometimes their workmanship left a lot to be desired, this was my motivation for making one of the countries largest DIY websites as I was determined to help people increase their DIY skills and knowledge."


"The website has over 14,000 pages indexed on Google and is now hosted on it's own dedicated server because the site gets too many hits for shared hosting to cope with!"

"I have lived in Darwen all of my life and was born in Queens park hospital in 1971. I attended Sudell primary school and Moorland high school. I never really liked school and would do anything to get out of going and so my school sickness record was appalling."

"After leaving school I had a couple of jobs before getting a job as a process operator, working continental shifts for ICI acrylics in 1991, the company has now changed it’s name to Lucite international and I now work for them on the maintenance side, rather than production."

If you would like to visit the website to ask DIY questions please visit http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk.

At the time of writing Chez is now the latest person to register on the Darwen Online forum. Please extend your warm welcome to him and congratulate him on a successful website if you get chance!

1 comment:

  1. This wеbsite wаs... how ԁo you say it?

    Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me. Thanks!

    Here is my web site :: ohms law ()

    ReplyDelete


Social Media Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory   My Zimbio